As your trusted local orthodontist, we are thrilled to be a part of the vibrant community that is Midtown. While you’re here for your orthodontic care, take some time to explore the fascinating history and exciting attractions that our neighborhood has to offer.
Trivia about Midtown Manhattan’s Famous Sites
Grand Central Terminal: One of the most renowned landmarks in Midtown, Grand Central Terminal, originally opened in 1913, is a masterpiece of Beaux-Arts architecture. Interestingly, this historic terminal almost faced demolition in the 1970s, but it was saved through the efforts of passionate preservationists and now stands as a proud symbol of Midtown’s heritage.
The Empire State Building: Midtown Manhattan boasts the iconic Empire State Building, which held the title of the world’s tallest building from its completion in 1931 until 1970. Standing at an impressive 1,454 feet tall, it remains an enduring symbol of the city and offers breathtaking panoramic views from its observation deck.
Times Square: Known as the “Crossroads of the World,” Times Square is a vibrant entertainment hub famous for its bright lights, Broadway theaters, and New Year’s Eve celebrations. Did you know that the area was formerly called Longacre Square until The New York Times moved its headquarters there in 1904, leading to the name change?
Radio City Music Hall: A beloved entertainment venue, Radio City Music Hall first opened its doors in 1932 and quickly became an icon of Art Deco architecture. This grand venue hosts various events, from concerts and award shows to the world-famous “Radio City Christmas Spectacular.”
Fun and Interesting Things to See and Do in Midtown Manhattan
As you explore Midtown Manhattan, immerse yourself in its fascinating history and indulge in the endless array of attractions. At RockCenter Orthodontics, we’re proud to serve the Midtown community and help you achieve a beautiful smile while you enjoy everything this vibrant neighborhood has to offer.
- Midtown is home to the world-famous Broadway theater district, where you can catch award-winning musicals, plays, and performances. Treat yourself to a night of entertainment at one of the legendary theaters, and experience the magic of live performances.
- Art enthusiasts will delight in a visit to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), which houses an impressive collection of modern and contemporary artworks, including masterpieces by renowned artists like Vincent van Gogh, Pablo Picasso, and Frida Kahlo.
- Take a leisurely stroll or have a picnic in the beautiful Bryant Park, an urban oasis filled with lush greenery, seasonal gardens, and public events like outdoor movie nights and concerts.
- For stunning views of the city’s skyline, head to the Top of the Rock Observation Deck at Rockefeller Center. Capture unforgettable moments as you gaze upon the city’s iconic landmarks.
- Visit the majestic Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, the main branch of the New York Public Library, which features stunning architecture and extensive collections of books and literary treasures.
RockCenter Orthodontics Serving Midtown
We love serving the people of Midtown and helping them achieve their properly aligned smile goals. Whether that means traditional metal braces to treat a complex orthodontic problem or low-profile clear aligners to treat something simpler, we can help. We also help patients who are in the retention phase of their treatment. Check this map if you need directions to our Midtown location, or you can learn more about us on our business page.
If you aren’t sure which type of braces is best for your situation, we’re happy to help you find out at an initial consultation. We will determine what kind of treatment your smile will need. Traditional braces with metal wires and brackets are often still the best option for complex cases, but many patients are good candidates for treatment with clear aligners.